Martyn is passionate about the outdoors,tourism, photography and video. His career in tourism started 20 years ago at Mt Hutt where he worked in lift operations and ski patrol prior to taking the reigns at Temple Basin Ski Area, managing both its summer adventure training and winter ski and board operations.
With the advent of the world wide web Martyn shifted into a completely new realm joining the team at snow.co.nz and helped produce one of the first commercial websites in New Zealand. It was here that he was able to meld all his passions and business interests into the mix, video, photography and the outdoors.
In his time at snow.co.nz Martyn was responsible for:
- project management and website development
- content creation and publication
- the introduction of web camera technology to the majority of ski areas in New Zealand
- pioneering the introduction of live webcasts via satellite from ski areas in conjunction with Vodafone and Telecom
After nearly a decade with snow.co.nz Martyn struck out on his own and has worked as a freelance photographer and videographer since then, basing himself at Mt Ruapehu, with the occasional detour to work providing webcasts and remote communications support to productions like the World Junior Surf Championships, The Hobbit and Pete's Dragon.
Plateau Productions will work closely with you to ensure that the photos taken reflect your brief as accurately as possible. We'll assist with location and talent selection.
We can provide turn-key solutions for any video requirement. We partner with you to provide expertise and extensive experience in: Scripting & ideation; television commercial production (TVC); promotional video production for your website; viral web video production; event highlight video production; documentary; turning your static logo into a dynamic motion graphic; bespoke motion graphic design and visual effects.
We offer a drone based service in conjunction with Will Shirer using the DJI Inspire 1 and Phantom 3 Professional platforms.
* Pilot: Will Shirer
* Camera Operator: Martyn Davies
Using drones for aerial imaging is a rapidly developing technology. Alongside that the legislation governing the use of drones for commercial and non commercial purposes is evolving at an equally fast pace. Plateau Productions is registered with the CAA, (Civil Aviation Authority) and will be happy to offer a free no-obligation consultation which covers the following:
1. Determining an outline aerial photography or video brief
2. Determining what the most suitable platform for the project would be, drone, helicopter, or other, sometimes a ladder or cherry picker will do the job.
3. If a drone is deemed most suitable confirming that it can be operated in the area and in a manner that both meets your brief and conforms to the current legislation.
4. Providing an estimate for the following:
b. Editing, including music licences where appropriate.
Intellectual Property and Ownership
As the client you retain all IP and ownership of any photo or video produced on your behalf by Plateau Productions. Copies of all RAW and processed files will be provided at the conclusion of a shoot or production. Plateau Productions reserves the right to use images and or videos it produces for promotional purposes to show case the services it offers or to provide prospective clients with examples of it's work.
- Supply to News Media
- Remote Communications